Tuesday, August 19, 2008

en route

It is 12:20 p.m. I am leaving in exactly 10 minutes for the DFW airport and will be on my way to Africa!! I have 2 huge suitcases filled with mosquito repellant-treated clothes, enough meds to open up my own pharmacy (as well as a suture kit), mosquito net, and a small bottle of holy water (courtesy of my mother :) ). I don't think it's hit me yet that I will be in Africa for 4 months, although I absolutely cannot wait to go. Everything will be drastically different when I get back, but here are some things to remember right now.

Oil price: $3.38 a gallon in Sherman.
President: George W. Bush
Weather: rainy, 77 degrees.
Thomas' height: one inch shorter than I.

Anyway, time to go to the airport! I'll try to get post again either in Germany or once I finally get there. Peace out America.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

You're on your way.... and I feel super creepy for commenting already but since you told me that you just posted a blog I thought it fitting to comment ASAP!

Oh and just for you Catherine, I created an account. Feel loved! Anyways... I love how your mom sent you holy water! LMAO! I love Momma Dickson! Anyways... I can't wait to read about your adventures. Enjoy your last three to four hours in Texas/US (kinda minus the whole flying over US)! I loveeeee you!

Unknown said...

Hey girl!!!!
I just wanted to drop a line and say hey and wish you good luck! You'll probably be reading this after your long as plane trip to Ghana (drink on the plane if you can), so take care and be safe dude! Keep us all updated on your amazing journey, I know your going to do great tho so no worries, I can't wait to see you when you get back!

Stay up homie, I'll holla
moni